Google has become an intrinsic part of our lives. We use it every single day for everything. If we can’t find a term, we google it, if we want to shop, we google the products, and whatever we need or want to know, we just google it.
Google has made our lives much easier as we can find every piece of information on a single app. But, Google also has privacy concerns. It tracks all our data across all apps (the ones which we have synced into google or given permission to have access to Google). This way, all your history can easily be tracked, thus minimizing your privacy. A lot of people hate this.
One way to not let google store your long term and short term history is to delete it every now and then. So, how do you do this? How do you clear google search history? Here’s how you would do it!
How to Delete Google Search History (2020)
The procedure to clear google search history will be different depending upon your device. This is the reason that Techkzar is getting you a guide as to how you can clear google search history not only from the web but also from your Android and iOS devices.
Deleting Google Search History on the Web
Follow the below-mentioned steps to clear your google search history from the Web.
- Firstly, if you haven’t logged into your Google account, then do so.
- After logging in, you’ll see your profile icon on a new tab on the right-hand side(when you’re facing the device). Click on that icon.
- Clicking on your profile, you will be able to see your account profile picture, your account name, your Gmail address, add another account sign and a sign-out button. Between your Gmail address and the add another account sign, you’ll see a Manage your Google Account button. Click that button.
- Clicking on the Manage Your Google Account would redirect you to another page where you will see about six options on the left-hand side (when you’re facing the device), one of which would be Data & Personalisation. Click on the option and open it.
- In the Data & Personalisation tab, you’ll see a Web and App Activity in the Activity Controls box.
- Here, click on the Manage Activity option present at the bottom of the page.
- The Manage Activity option would redirect you to a granular settings page.
- On this page, you’ll be able to see all of your histories.
- On the same page, on the left-hand side (when you’re facing the device), you’ll see about 6-7 options, one of which would be Delete Activity by.
- Clicking on that, you’ll see a list of options that would include your history divided into Last hour, Last day, Always, and Custom Range. Select the time period of which you want to clear google search history. If you want to clear the google search history of all your Google Apps, then click on Always, and in the drop-down menu, you’ll be able to see names of all Google apps and a checkbox beside them all, which would be already ticked, for all of them.
- Now, click on the Next button below, and confirm your deletion.
- If you want to clear the google search history of only the searched items, then uncheck all the boxes, just checking the search one and follow the same procedure to clear the google search history of your Google Account.
Delete Google Search History on Android Devices
- On your Android device, open the setting and scroll down to find the Google option.
- Click on it, and you would be taken to your Google Account, where you would see your account similar to the one shown on the web. In fact, the procedure to clear google search history of your account from here on is completely similar to the one followed on the web.
- To repeat the steps briefly, tap on Manage Your Google Account> Data & Personalisation> Web and App Activity> Manage Activity.
- Clicking on the Manage Activity option, you’ll be redirected to another page of Web & App Activity. There you’ll see all your search history. You’ll also see a Delete button beside the Filter by Date & Product one.
- Click on the Delete button and follow the same procedure as you did for the web. Select the Time period, and all of your activity from the selected time period would be deleted. Or click on All-Time and then delete all of your histories from all the Google apps or just the search history by clicking NEXT and then confirming the deletion.
How to Delete Google Search History on iPad or iPhone
The procedure to clear google search history from your Google account on iPad or iPhone is similar to what we’ve done on the web. We will also be using the browser again for it. You can, no doubt, do it through the Google App, but it’s way easier to do it using the browser, so well stick to it!
- Open google.com on Safari or any other browser of your choice and log into your google account from it.
- After you’re done, tap on the grid menu and click on Account.
- After this, the steps to be followed are similar to the ones on the web.
- Got to Manage My Account> Data & Personalisation> Activity controls> Manage Activity.
- On the Manage Activity page, type Search in the box above and then filter the date and time to the one you desire. You can even delete your Google history of all the Google Apps from here.
- After you’re done selecting the history you wish to delete, click on the three-dot menu and select Delete results, it will ask for confirmation first, and when you approve, your history would be deleted.
Make use of a private or incognito tab to avoid history storage
To make your search more private, you can opt for incognito or private mode on the browser/chrome. If you don’t like Google’s tracking behavior, you can opt for some other browser that provides more privacy. And to disable all the activity logging that goes in the background, you can even make use of tracking blockers, which won’t track your history.
You can add their extensions to your web or download them on your devices. This way, you won’t need to clear google search history of your account every now and then. These were some options that might help you maximize your privacy.
Also Read : Best Free VPN To Protect Your Privacy in 2020
This was a quick look into how you can clear google search history of your account from all your devices. You can also make use of private modes and tracking blockers to maximize your privacy. All in all, Techkzar hopes that you could clear google search history of your account easily and make necessary changes to your Google account.